FANCY BLOODY MARY

Monday, August 29, 2016

Bloody Mary

It’s time for a Bloody Mary! You know what? When I was 18 years old, I used to order Bloody Mary at our favourite pub, and I always remember that the bartender (who was a friend of ours) hated having to prepare it. I think I was the only person around asking for that drink and, as it takes some time to make, the poor guy was always complaining. 
Tomato juice with lemon was also one of my favourites remedies for hangovers on Sunday mornings, especially if I had drunk too many beers.
Bloody Mary

YOU WILL NEED (serves 2): 

250 ml quality tomato juice 
2-3 shots vodka 
2 teaspoons Tabasco 
1 lemon juice 
freshly ground black pepper
salt
ice 

To garnish (optional): 

Bacon
olives, scallions and pickles
shrimps (cooked)
cucumber
celery stick 

Directions: In a cocktail shaker, combine the tomato juice with the vodka, the lemon juice and Tabasco, salt and pepper and shake well. To prepare the rim of the glass, use a lemon to wet it and dip the rim into a mixture of Tabasco, salt and pepper. Fill the glasses with ice and pour the Bloody Mary. 


As I wanted a fancy and cool drink, you know, just for fun, I added some nice garnishes. I used the celery stick to stick all the garnishes I liked and then… I ate all of them! I don’t know if you can appreciate in the pictures, but I added so many things that the celery stick is bent, haha!
Bloody Mary
Bloody Mary
Bloody Mary

Next time I would like to try to infuse the vodka two or three weeks before using it with some sliced jalapeƱo chillies. Sounds nice, right? I'll let you know!

Hope you enjoy it! Have a nice week guys. XOXO Sara.

2 comments:

  1. I want to love Bloody Mary's so much because they're so fun, but I just don't:( So glad you can enjoy them though!!!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomato juice has that 'special' taste that may not like everyone. But there are plenty of cocktails to enjoy! A good choice is a cold Margarita! (https://foreverrented.blogspot.com.es/2016/05/classic-margarita-cocktail.html)

      Thanks for reading!

      Sara

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS