SCRAPBOOK & PROJECT LIFE

Monday, February 6, 2017

SCRAPBOOK & PROJECT LIFE
Some years ago, I tried to keep all my memories of travels and experiences all together doing a bit of scrapbooking. I was very busy and I wasn’t in the mood for that. I liked scrapbooking, but not that much, it took me ages to finish a page and the results weren’t what I expected. I was looking for something more simple and with more pictures and less stuff.
Last year I realized that I hadn’t printed out pictures for at least the last five years. I am always afraid to lose the pictures I have on the computer or on the mobile and I always think: at least I have a bunch of them printed on an album! For instance, the wedding of my best friend/sister of another mother. It would be a drama if something happen to them. 
SCRAPBOOK & PROJECT LIFE
SCRAPBOOK & PROJECT LIFE
A couple of years ago I heard about Project Life. Generally, people use it to document their daily lives, and they do it by weeks or by months. I don’t. My daily life is VERY boring, and for real, my weeks are monotonous as hell. As I don’t have to include every single picture I take of every moment, but only the important stuff in our lives, I am doing exactly that: document the trips, the events, and the things I would really like to remember in a few years. What I like the most about Project Life is the importance the photos have over the embellishments and not the other way around. (The following picture is not the best example of what I just said...).
SCRAPBOOK & PROJECT LIFE
What I generally do before printing anything, is planning the layouts. Depending on the album size, you can choose different covers and pocket pages for it. I use two different styles, one for large pictures in vertical and one for the horizontal ones. So, in order to keep everything organized, I sketch the layouts before. As you can see, the spots in white are the ones for photos, so, are mostly photos!
SCRAPBOOK & PROJECT LIFE
Once I have everything planned and printed…the fun begins! You can be as creative as you want! Sometimes I like journaling a bit, sometimes I only write a couple of things to remember something important or sometimes I don’t even write anything and I only add a bunch of embellishments. It’s therapeutic for me. On these windy and rainy winter weekends, I love sitting in the balcony and do some scrapbook. Maybe for others this could be stressful and the best way to relax for them is build a model, or paint a room.
SCRAPBOOK & PROJECT LIFE
SCRAPBOOK & PROJECT LIFE

I want to try making a collage with Instagram photos, but I am not paying too much attention to social media (ups!) lately so, maybe in a close future.

What do you do to remember your favorite moments? Have you ever tried scrapbooking or project life? 



XOXO: Sara

5 comments:

  1. qué chulo Sara!! y preciosas fotos! :)

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I always keep tickets and stuff from our trips and then... do nothing with them. I hope this will change this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way of keeping all your memories and stuff for the future in a cute way. I encourage you to try it :). beware: it's addictive

      :)

      Delete
  3. I'm getting ready to do my scrapbooks.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS