SNAPSHOTS. ALENTEJO

Friday, August 12, 2016


Hi guys!

How did this happen? We are already in mid-August! I don't know yours, but my summer went that fast I almost didn't see it. Except for a four days weekend, I didn't have proper vacations and I spend my time between archaeological field work in Northern Spain and the laboratory in Madrid. It has been a nice summer despite all, very exhausting but quite productive at the end.

I have been thinking in some new DIY, in some new recipes I can't wait to try and in a lot of places I would like to visit by the end of the year.

For the moment, I wanted to share with you guys some pics of our last trip to Alentejo (Portugal). Our first stop was Evora, a city classified by UNESCO as A World Heritage Site and the perfect place to stroll around for hours. In every corner, in every building and in every street you will find hundreds of unique details to discover and to fall in love with the place.

Afterwards, we went to Alcácer do Sal, a city which is believed to be one of the oldest cities in Europe. Built on a hillside, it rises to culminate in the Pousada de Alfonso II, a walled fortress dating back to the foundation of the city. The very best of all of these is that the fortress is nowadays a cute and nice hotel, where we spend one night.

On our way back to Spain, we stopped by chance at a small village called Marvão, and thank goodness we did! This place, located at the top of a steep mountain, is also surrounded by a walled fortress where an impressive castle stands. We stayed the night in one of the best hotels I've ever been, and we also had the most impressive views of the area from the terrace of the hotel.


What about your vacations? Are you enjoying the sunny August? I really hope so!

XOXO. Sara

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you at least had a long weekend. Portugal is so beautiful in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! Portugal deserve a visit definitely :)

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS