DIY WINE BOX PLANTER

Saturday, November 12, 2016

DIY Planter
Hello Friends!

The other day, I was looking for some fabrics in my storage room and buried down hundreds of things I found this wine box that someday I kept for some reason that now I can’t remember. I completely forgot about the fabrics and I went downstairs with my new treasure, trying to find some utility for it. Then, I remember having watched some video (probably this Buzzfeed that is everywhere) where someone was planting aromatics herbs in a similar way, so I thought: hey! Why not? 

I already had spearmint and coriander at home, so I put a few stems in a glass filled water for 6-7 days. I did the same with celery heart and 2 garlic. 


DIY Planter
After that period, I don’t know why, but the coriander didn’t grow a little, although the spearmint did it. I have no idea why, as I am not a plant expert (you can read how I try not to kill my plants here) so maybe there is something about coriander that I don’t know (probably). 

Anyway, I drilled a couple of holes in the wood to help plants to drain, I added soil, like half of the box, and then I planted all the stuff and added the rest of the soil. 

DIY Planter
DIY Planter
DIY Planter

So here I have a bunch of nice aromatics and hopefully some garlic and celery. I will let you know if they survive to me or not! My brother told me he had two or three incense plants he already successfully made brow by planting the stems and he'll give me a couple of cutting to try if its works for me (aka: 'the planticide').  

DIY Planter


XOXO. Sara

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family.
    diy idieas

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS