HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM

Sunday, February 28, 2016

strawberry jam

I am a super fan of having a couple of toast spread with butter and jam for breakfast. It reminds me when I was little and my mom made me this before going to school. For that reason, I always make the recipe she taught me. It’s so simple it seems incredible!
Besides, you can use it not only for toasts, but also as an accompaniment to savory dishes (eg. Roast beef) or put it on a bun or on some pancakes (another of my favorites!).

strawberries

You will need:

1 kg ripe strawberries
500 g sugar
Juice of 1 lemon

First of all, clean the strawberries and remove the leafy tops and stems. Cut the berries in half and put them in a large saucepan. Add the sugar and the lemon juice with a bit of water and place the pan on a medium heat. Bring it to the boil for 5 minutes and then turn the heat to very low for about 45 minutes. Remember to stir frequently. A trick for knowing when the jam is done, is to put a small amount of the mixture on a cold plate. If it gets sticky, it’s done, if not, cook it for some more minutes.
Let cool the mixture a little and then ladle the jam into sterilized jars leaving 1 cm headspace. Flip the jars upside down and let them cool.
strawberry jam


Well, it’s easy or not?  

Enjoy on toast with a little cream cheese or butter and I promise your day will have a better start!

Xo. Sara

1 comment:

  1. Yo he probado esta receta hoy con el desayuno y definitivamente lo ha mejorado! Además es muy fácil de hacer :)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS