INSTAGRAM LIFE

Tuesday, June 14, 2016


Hello there!

It has been a long time without catching up. But I’ve been working A LOT! Last week my colleagues and I were organizing an International Conference at our university and that was a complete mess (not the Conference, which went really well, but the preparations). It took a lot of effort and energy for all of us, but at the end was worth it!

But I am not here today to talk about my working life (maybe another time). I wanted to share with you guys my own experience on Instagram. I guess some of you may have an account on Instagram, or at least you have heard about this social media and how it works. Well, here are some facts (REMEMBER: this is only an opinion):





- I notice there are plenty of users who follows you and if you don’t follow back, they do unfollow. But…WHY!? If I don’t find interesting your Instagram, why should I follow you? I guess they do this because they want you to see their accounts and all that stuff, but really? This is a real effort! Imagine: every day, you follow 30 or 50 people (or 200, whatever), and then you have to keep in mind to unfollow them by the end of the day…not worth it at all. At least, it takes an amount of time of my life I am not willing to spend doing this.

- I am only following people who I really like their accounts. I mean, who cares if they only have 30 followers or 3m? I am not going to play that game. I don’t care if they are not following me, I just want to enjoy their pictures, probably have some fun and get inspired by them.

- Taking pictures of something that has taken 1 hour to set in place is not natural or real, not even fresh. A couple of weeks ago I saw a picture of someone who was taking breakfast in bed with a fried egg in a pan (the pan was over the bed), a perfectly placed rose, and a very unstable counter with a cup of coffee with milk… Sorry, but I am not going to bring an oily pan to my bed and put it over my bedclothes.



Una foto publicada por Laura López (@lauraponts) el


- I understand the picture must (or must not if you don’t want to) have an aesthetic sense, but sorry, sometimes is ridiculous. Don’t get me wrong, the picture above is awesome, in fact, all the pictures of @lauraponts are perfect, but aren’t not even a bit casual. This one, for example, probably took hours to think about the correct place for each piece and prepare everything before shooting.



Of course, this is my own opinion of this social media, and maybe is my simplistic point of view the reason why some accounts have thousands of followers and I only have a bunch of them, but I am not going to bring a pan with a fried egg to my bed to get more followers!!


 What about you? What do you think about this?

 

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this usefull article, waiting for this article like this again. buy instagram followers

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS